It was a Sunday afternoon with just egg and paneer at home. I wanted to make something different, yet tasty and simple and decided to marry the egg and paneer for a spicy dish :) Here is the recipe for the hot dish.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Quantity for 4 servings
1. Paneer - 250 gms
2. Egg - 4
3. Onions - 1 finely chopped
4. Tomato - 1 finely chopped
5. Red chilly powder - 1 tablespoon
6. Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
7. Ginger/garlic paste - 1/2 tablespoon
8. Garam masala - 1 teaspoon (Optional)
9. Oil - 3 tablesoon
10. Salt - to taste
11. Coriander - for garnishing
1. Chop onions and tomatoes into fine pieces and cut paneer into small cubes
2. Break the eggs in a bowl and beat it.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry well. Add ginger garlic paste and fry well until raw smell goes
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook well.
5. Now add the powders one by one - red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the egg mixture and mix well to form scrambled egg mixture for 2 minutes.
7. Its time to add the paneer cubes to the pan and stir well to cook along with the spices in low flame for 5-7 minutes until paneer becomes soft.
8. Hot and spicy paneer egg masala is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
I served it with hot Simple Rasam for the afternoon and it was a perfect combination. We also had it with roti for dinner.