Chicken - 350 gms
Basmathi Rice - 500 gms
Green Chillies - 3 (split)
Onions - 4 (finely chopped)
Tomato - 2(finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 table spoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tablespoon
Garam Masala - 2 teaspoon
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 5 to 6 tablespoons
Cloves - 5
Cinnamon - 2
Cardamom - 3
Bay Leaves - 4
Cumin Seeds - 2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds - 2 teaspoon
1. Marinate Chicken in yogurt with salt, ginger garlic paste,red chilly powder and garam masala for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Soak basmathi rice in water for 30 minutes.
3. Boil water in a vessel with required salt and oil.
4. When the water boils, add the basmathi rice and simmer it.
5. Cook the rice till it is half boiled. When done, strain the water and keep the rice aside.
6. In a shallow pan, add oil. When it is heated, add all spices. When they crackle, add onions and saute them well till it turns golden brown.
7. Add green chillies and mint leaves and saute them well.
8. Add tomatoes and cook them well.
9. Add the marinated chicken and mix them all well and cook the chicken till the moisture dries up.
10. When the chicken is almost cooked, spread the half cooked rice on top of the chicken and close the vessel wiht the lid tightly and simmer the stove and cook for another 15 to 25 minutes.
11. Now mix the rice and chicken without breaking the rice.
12. Garnish it with coriander leaves, sliced tomatoes, cucumber, onions and boiled egg.
13. Serve it with raitha.