Beetroot is rich source of nutrients and vitamins and very good for health especially for women and children. Here is a very simple and easy preparation with beetroot which is easy for kids to eat as we grate the beets instead of chopping.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Beetroot - 3 medium size Oil - 1 tablespoon Curry leaves - 4 to 5 Mustard seeds - 1/2 tablespoon Urud dhal - 1 tablespoon Hing - a pinch Red Chillies - 3 to 4 Salt- to taste Coconut(shredded) - 2 tablespoon
1. Peel the skin from the beetroot and grate it finely.
2. Heat oil in a pan and when hot season with mustard seeds, urud dhal, hing, red chillies and curry leaves.
3. Now add the shredded beetroot, salt and sprinkle little water and close it with a lid.
4. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes in a medium flame occasionally sitrring.
5. When it is completely cooked, switch off the stove and add the grated coconut.
Beetroot curry is ready to be served with rotis/rice.You can just mix this to white rice to make beetroot rice. Alternatively, you can use chopped beetroot with the same preparation if you wish.