Colocasia roast (சேப்பங்கிழங்கு வறுவல்)

Colocasia roast had been the most favoirte dish for me and my two little cousin sisters since our childhood.Whenever I make or eat this dish, it reminds me of my lovely sister who is crazy about this. She just loves eating the roast just as soon as it is taken from the pan and makes it vanish in seconds :) I found frozen Colocasia in the Indian grocery store here, after so many months and madeup my mind to make the roast and surprise my husband.

Preparation Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
1. Colocasia - 200 gms
2. Sambhar powder - 2 tablespoon
3. Salt- to taste
4. Rice flour - 2 tablespoon
5. Oil - to fry





Preparation:
1. Cook the colocascia in water with skin.
2. Once it is cooked completely, cool and peel the skin and cut into small round pieces with thickness of 1-2 cms.
3. Add sambhar powder, salt and rice flour to the cut pieces and mix it well. Add little water to blend it nicely with the colocasia. 
4. Set this aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a deep fry pan. When the oil is hot, add 10- 12 pieces at a time and deep fry it.
6. Turn both sdes until it is roasted to a golden brown colour.

Crispy and hot roast is ready to eat.

Tips:
1. If you use frozen colocasia, since it comes without the skin, instead of boiling them in water, steam boil it.
2. If you dont have sambhar powder, use 1 tablespoon of red chilly powder and 2 tablespoons of coriander powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback matters. Please enter your comment

Some Interesting Sites