I generally make sambhar/mor kuzhambu/karakuzhambu with Ladies Finger. At times i also make simple curry with it. I wanted to try a recipe that i tasted once in my friend's lunch box with a little variation and it came out very well.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1. Ladies Finger - 300 gms
2. Coconut (grated) - 3 Tablespoon
3. Cumin seeds - 1 Tablespoon
4. Mustard seeds - 3 Teaspoon
5. Urud dhal - 1 Tablespoon
6. Asafoetida - a pinch
7. Red chillies - 4
8. Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup
9. Salt - to taste
10. Jaggery - 1 Tablespoon
11. Oil - 3 Tablespoon
12. Curd - 2 Tablespoon
1. Chop ladies finger to fine pieces.
2. Grind coconut, cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds and red chillies into a paste with little water.
3. Heat oil in pan and when it is hot, add 2 teaspoon of mustard seeds, urud dhal and asafoetida and fry well.
4. Add chopped ladies finger and cook with required amount of salt for 10 minutes.
5. Add the ground paste and tamarind juice and cook until the raw smell goes off.
6. Now add the jaggery and curd and cook for another 5 minutes.
Ladies finger curry is ready to be served with Rice/Roti.