A simple spicy curry with potato. I pefer to make fresh ground powder for this preparation, but you can also try the same with garam masala.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1. Potato - 4 medium sized
2. Onions - 2 medium sized
3. Garlic - 10
4. Oil - 4 Tablespoon
5. Red chilly powder - 1 Tablespoon
6. Coriander powder - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
7. Cloves - 4
8. Cinnamon stick - 2 small pieces
9. Salt - to taste
1. Chop potoato and onions into fine pieces.
2. Grind cloves and cinnamon stick to a fine powder.
3. Heat oil in pan and add onions and garlic and fry well.
4. When onion becomes golden brown, add potatoes, salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder and cook well for next 15 minutes.
5. Do not add water. When the potato is almost cooked and looks little mushy, add the masala powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
Hot and spicy potato curry is ready. This curry is a very good side dish for Sambhar/rasam/curd ice.