I wanted to try a different recipe with Capsicum this time as I mostly use chilly powder in my preparation. So this recipe is based on a fresh prepare masala with Tomato, red chillies and cumin seeds. You can substitute capsicum with any other vegetable in this recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1. Capsicum - 3
2. Onion - 2 medium sized
3. Tomato - 2 medium sized
4. Red Chillies - 4 (adjust it according to your spice level)
5. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
6. Ginger/garlic paste - 1/2 tablespoon
7. Salt - to taste
8. Oil - 2 tablespoon
1. Grind tomatoes, red chillies, ginger/garlic paste and cumin seeds into a paste. Dont add water as tomates will make the paste watery.
2. Chop onions into fine pieces and capsicum into medium dices.
3. Heat oil in a pan and when hot add onions and saute until it becomes golden brown.
4. Now add the ground paste and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add Capsicum and little water and cook the capsicum in the mixture by closing a lid. Cook in a medium flme for 10 to 12 minutes.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and spicy capsicum curry is ready to eat. It can be serve with Rice/Rotis.
1. To enrich the taste, you can add 3 to 4 strings of coriander leaves along with other ingredients to prepare the paste.
2. You can also add all colored capsicums to make the dish colorful and attractive.