This is another simple and quick dish with Spinach and moong dhal. You can try this dish with any other green.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1. Spinach - 1 bunch
2. Moong dhal - 150 gms
3. Onion - 1 medium size
4. Green chillies - 3 vertically split
5. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
6. Urud dhal - 1/2 tablespoon
7. Asafoetida - a pinch
8. Oil - 1 tablespoon
9. Salt - to taste
1. Finely chop the spinach and wash it in water. Chop the onions finely lengthwise.
2. Boil moong dhal in enough water until it is half cooked and remove it from stove and drain the water
3. Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds, urud dhal and Asafoetida when oil is hot.
4. Add onions and green chillies and saute well for 5 minutes.
5. Now add the spinach and the half cooked dhal and required amount of salt and mix well.
6. Add half a glass of water and cook the spinach with dhal for next 10 minutes by closing the pan with a lid in a medium flame.
Hot and tasty spinach curry is ready. This can be had with rice or rotis. You can garnish it with grated coconut for additional taste.