Pepper has enormous medicinal properties and is very good for health. But most of the times we use red chillies rather than pepper. Also many of us dont like to eat whole pepper. This is a very simple and quicker recipe with pepper. Since we powder pepper coarsely, it mixes with rice and we will be forced to eat pepper and absorb its medicinal values. This can be also made with left over rice and can serve as a good and quick lunch box food.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
1. Rice - 200 gms
2. Onion - 2 medium size
3. Green chillies - 2
4. Pepper (coarsely powdered)- 1 tablespoon
5. Salt - to taste
6. Ghee - 2 tablespoon
7. Cashew - 15
8. Coriander Leaves - for garnishing
1. Cook the rice, drain it and keep it separately.
2. Chop onions and green chillies into fine pieces.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews untilit becomes golden brown and remove.
4. In the same pan, add onions and green chillies and fry until onion turns transparent.
5. Now add the rice and required salt and pepper powder and mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and the fried cashews.