This is my 50th recipe :) I never thought I would be able to make it here when i started, but now I am sure there is many more to come. I wanted to dedicate this recipe to my lovely husband who had been motivating me all through this. And guess what, it was also a special occasion that was coincidental... yes it is Valentine's day, and I decided to make a sweet.
I had always tried and tasted halwa made with white pumpkin, but this time I wanted to try it with yellow pumpkin and it came out well.
Preparation time: 1 hour
1. Grated pumpkin - 1 cup
2. Milk - 2 1/2 cups
3. Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
4. Ghee - 4 tablespoon
5. Cashewnuts - 20 to 25
6. Cardamom powder - little.
1. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and remove it when golden brown.
2. Now add the grated pumpkin in the same ghee and fry for 5 minutes in a very low flame.
3. Add milk and cook the pumpkin well in the milk. This will take atleast 30 minutes, as the pumpkin has to cook in milk. Also you need to cook in a low flame.
4. When it is almost cooked, add sugar and mix well and cook for another 15 - 20 mins.
5. Add the roasted cashew nuts and powdered cardamom.
Tasty and sweety pumpkin halwa is ready. This halwa will have a pumpkinish flavor. Try hot halwa with cold vanilla ice cream. It tastes yummy yummy!!!