Spinach is a very cheap green which has the power to supply same amount of protein that one can get from meat, fish, egg and chicken. It is a rich source of all Vitamins, Iron, Calcium, Protein etc., It is also a very good source of folic acid and good for pregnant and ladies and nursing mothers. It is definitely good for health to have spinach at least once or twice a week to gain all nutrients. This recipe made with Spinach can be done with any other greeny vegetables. This is quick and easy to prepare.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
1. Spinach - 1 packet or bunch
2. Onion - 1 medium sized
3. Red Chillies - 3
4. Mustard seeds - 2 teaspoon
5. Urud dhal - 1/2 tablespoon
6. Asafoetida - a pinch
7. Oil - 1 tablespoon
8. Salt - per taste
1. Finely chop the spinach leaves and wash it in water. Finely chop the onions.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when it is hot.
3. When it splutters, add urud dhal and asafoetida and fry until golden brown.
4. Now add red chillies and onions and saute well.
5. Add required amount of salt and spinach and sprinkle 1/4 glass of water and cook it by closing the lid.
6. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Hot and healthy Spinach curry is ready to serve with rice/roti.