1. Ladies finger - 200 gms
2. Tamarind juice - 350 ml
3. Turmeric powder - a pinch
4. Garlic - 15 to 20 pods ( You can add more garlic if you like the taste of it)
5. Onion - 2 to 3 (Use small onions to make your dish taste better)
6. Tomato - 2
7. Oil - 6 to 7 tablespoon
8. Vadagam (This is a seasoning ball made of onions,garlic,curry leaves, mustard. If you dont have this ingredient, alternatively season with mustard, curry leaves, urud dhal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds).
9. sambhar powder - 2 teaspoon
10. Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and when it is heated, add vadagam (or alternatives).
2. When it splutters, add onions, garlic, tomatoes and turmeric and fry well.
3. When it is half cooked, add the ladies finger and fry. Add required amount of salt and sambhar powder.
4. As the ladies finger gets cooked, add the tamarind juice and bring it to boil.
5. Let it boil in a low flame for atleast 15 to 20 minutes till it becomes semi solid and oil separates and floats on top. Kara kuzhambu is ready.