1. Pastry puff strip
2. Vegetables - 2 cup This can be a mixture of vegetable of your choice finely chopped. I prefer to have carrot, beans,potato,onion, peas
3. Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon
4. Turmeric powder -1 teaspoon
5. Red chilli powder - 1 tablespoon
6. Coriander powder - 2 tablespoon
7. Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
8. Garam masala - 2 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
11. Coriander leaves
1. Finely chop the vegetables and half cook them in a pan by sprinkling handful of water and closing the lid.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute well.
3. Add the boiled vegetables and saute for 5 mins and allow it to cool.
4. You can make the puff in any shape you like, but i prefer rectangles. Cut the strip into rectangular pieces in length of your desire.
5. Take a little vegetable mixture and place it on one half of the strip and close it with the other side. Use water to seal the edges so that it doesnt open when baked in oven.
6. Bake this in oven at 450 degrees for 6 minutes.
Hot and fluffy vegetable puff is ready to eat.
I am yet to explore the alternative when the puff strip is not available. I will post it after I try it. Also variations can be made in the stuff with chicken or some sweet mixture with coconut and sugar.