1. Rice - 1 cup
2. Moong dhal - 1 cup
3. Milk - 1 cup
4. Jaggery - 1 cup grated (you can vary the quantity based on the sweetness of the jaggery you use)
7. Dry grapes
8. Cardamom - 2
1. Cook rice and moong dhal in 2 cups of water.
2. When it is half cooked, add milk and continue cooking.
3. When this is cooked completely, add the grated jaggery and mix well. Make sure to add jaggery only after rice is cooked. otherwise rice will not get cooked after adding jaggery.
4. Mix them well and cook in low flame for another 10 minutes. You can add cardamom powder or crushed cardamom.
5. Now heat ghee and fry cashews and dry grapes and add it to the cooked mix.
Sweet and tasty 'Sakkarai Pongal' is ready to serve.