This is a simple version of Morkuzhambu (a gravy made of curd/butter milk). Though this is not an authentic preparation, this can help you prepare a different recipe in a very lesser time.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
1. Onion - 1 medium sized
2. Tomato - 2 medium sized
3. Green chillies - 2 split vertically
4. Buttermilk - 300 ml
5. Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
6. Salt - to taste
7. Curry leaves - 3 to 4
8. Oil - 2 tablespoon
9. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
10. Urud dhal - 2 teaspoon
1. Add turmeric powder in butter milk and churn it well.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and add mustard seeds when it is hot. Add urud dhal and curry leaves, when mustard splutters.
3. Now add finely chopped onions and fry well untilit becomes golden brown.
4. Add green chillies and tomatoes and cook well.
5. Add required salt.
6. Now bring it to low flame and add the butter milk to the pan. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes and switch off the stove.
Enjoy the quick recipe with Rice :)
1. DO NOT BRING IT TO BOIL as boiling curd/butter milk would make it separate and watery.
2. If you wish, you could also use any vegetable like Pumpkin/Okra to make the same recipe.