Vegetables - 2 cups
Onion - 1 medium size
Tomato - 1 medium size
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder - 2 tablespoon
Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon stick - 2 small pieces
Bay leaves - 2
Cardamom - 1
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 tablespoon
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cashew - 7
1. Finely chop all vegetables - I generally use Beans, Carrot, Potato, Green peas, Cauliflower and cut them into small pieces. You can use any other vegetable you have.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker and add all spices and fry nicely.
3. Add finely chopped onions (length wise) and fry. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the onions turn golden brown.
4. Add finely chooped tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable mixture and cook them for another 5 minutes.
6. Add required salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Grind coconut and cashews to fine paste with required water.
8. Add the ground paste and cook for 5 minutes. If gravy, is too thick, add little water.
9. Close the pressure cooker and place the whistle and cook for 1 whistle.
Garnish with coriander leaves and add few drops of lemon juice and kurma is ready to server. Kurma can be had with Idli/Dosa/Chapathi or rice. Enjoy the yummy vegetable Kurma, soon i will come with another preparatio of Kurma.